Educational Products

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

In between, when i have pockets of time (huh? when does that happen?), I've been conducting preorders. I honestly do not know where i found such time but I suppose motherhood makes us do the most amazing things! Primarily, the preorders are conducted with BB K in mind! Everything I sell, BB K would probably have a set too! Thus i thought, why not benefit other fellow mommies? 

Lately, I'm into educational stuff. Have been plagued with guilt for not fully tapping onto my knowledge and spending quality time with lil bunnikins. Yup, enough of being a fashionista and being obsessed with pretty little dresses afterall, BB K can still fit into her 3mth old clothes! FYI, she's nearing 16mths! Talk about economical! So instead, i've turned my attention to developing her brains. Particularly through the use of Montessori toys. 

For those of you who aren't familiar, Montessori education is an educational approach developed by Italian physician and educator Maria Montessori. Montessori education is practiced in an estimated 30,000 schools worldwide, serving children from birth to eighteen years old.
Montessori education is characterized by an emphasis on independence, freedom within limits, and respect for a child’s natural psychological development, as well as technological advancements in society. Although a range of practices exists under the name "Montessori", the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) and the American Montessori Society (AMS) cite these elements as essential. In Singapore, there are heaps of preschools which claim to be conducting Montessori, but one true blue school with the relevant certification by AMI is Montessori For Children. http://www.montessori.edu.sg/. I'm not too in favour of having bb k spend half a day at a school only to be engaged in her own Montessori activities (they typically would be allowed to do their own activities, according to their ability). Socialization in my opinion is insufficient in such environment. And given K's nature, HA! i bet she won't be able to sit for long. She'd rather be chatting away with the teacher or her friends! However, teaching her independence is also important and there are so many aspects in Montessori which applies to daily life. The many disciplines include Sensorial, Botany, Practical Life, Language, Mathematics and probably more. I'm no expert but i reckon these will benefit the lil one as well. So i've decided that some form of Montessori to be conducted at home, thus the preorder for Montessori Toys. You could check out the range here: http://jumpstarttutors.com/shop/. These are pre-orders thus if you are interested, orders will only arrive approximately 2-3wks upon payment, subjected to availability. Do contact me should you be keen at any point in time. Now if only I live in a bigger house and have bigger storage! I've amassed so many things for bunnikins that it's getting a little out of hand in terms of organising!

Another exciting thing which I'm conducting preorder is for Chinese Books. Many friends have complained that Mandarin is a language which they fear that their kid will have problem handling as most speak English at home or that they don't have proper grounds for training. I on the other hand am worried about the English language as I'm the only one speaking to Bunnikins in English (apart from her maternal grandparents who visit once a wk). Every subject that are examinable in future (except Chinese) will be in the English language thus I'd be freaked out if my baby is weak in this area. Totally embarrassing too given the nature of my job! Then again, over at my in laws, apart from playing ball and looking at nature, mostly she'd be exposed to the ipad and ancient television programs. Thankfully, the lil one doesn't seem too keen in the latter and would turn away after a glance. This said, I still like bunnikins to be doing stuff that are more beneficial. Thus it spurred me to do yet another preorder -- Check it out here: http://jumpstarttutors.com/product-category/chinese-books/. These are seriously quite interactive and kickass if you ask me! More fun than any of the English books i have for K at the moment!

So if anything catches your eyes, please contact me at contact(at)jumpstarttutors(dot)com. I'll be closing the first preorder this Sunday (10 March 2013) so HURRY, Show your support! Place your orders now! 

PS: Still wondering where in the world i find the energy to do all these. HTMLs and all these tech stuff drive me nuts and even though there's a guru at home, often I'm left to figure things out myself via forums. Sigh...the things i do for the extra cash for diaper/ formula!! =P 

Some of the cool stuff from this collection:











DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS